Our youth have identified several ways you can do your part to care for God’s Creation. Will you join us?
Reduce single use plastic:
- Buy products packaged in alternative ways. For example:
- Take a closer look at your home’s insulation rather than constantly heating or cooling your house.
- Use appliances more efficiently. (ex. Only use washer when full, group colors together, run dishwasher only when full, etc.)
- Try to take shorter showers, or turn off the faucets when they’re not in use.
- Turn off lights when you’re not using them, when you’re out of the room.
Be mindful of your landscaping. (ex. less water consuming plants).
Carpool or use public transport when possible.
Be mindful of your how you get your electricity( is it solar, wind, hydro, etc).
Minimize Food Waste:
You can eat less meat, and try to eat meat that is brought up sustainably.
- Be mindful when you shop.
Reuse When Possible
Consider reusable products. For example:
- Reusable water bottles
- Bamboo cutlery
- Reusable sanitary products
- Sustainable straws
- Reusable bowl covers
- Reusable grocery bags
Frequent your local thrift shops.
When you can’t find what you need, try to shop sustainably. (15 most sustainable companies)
Contact your local lawmakers and representatives to push for a more sustainable state.
Protects and preserve Arkansas’s wilderness areas.
Educates and advocates for the protection of the Buffalo River and its associated watershed.
Collects data on rare plants, animals, and natural communities and provides education and outreach to preserve Arkansas’s biological diversity and natural heritage.
Advocates for the protection of Wilderness places.
A diverse group working together across all sectors to build a sustainable future, with the goal of transitioning toward net zero emissions by the middle of this century.